GoDaddy Hosting Review
GoDaddy is a popular domain and hosting service company that has been in the industry since 1997. During these years, it has earned millions of customers, which shows how reliable this company is.
GoDaddy provides many services, such as domain registration and management, SSL certificates, and web hosting, including email accounts and databases.
GoDaddy is the world’s largest domain registrar, with more than 82 million domains under management.
Related: Namecheap vs. GoDaddy – Which is the Best Domain Name Registrar (2022)?
Whether you’re a blogger on a budget, who is just starting its first website, or a business looking for hosting to handle millions of visitors daily, GoDaddy has got you covered.
This company offers fast, reliable, and secure hosting.
In this article, you will find out everything concerning GoDaddy hosting, from appearance and price to server types provided, as well as the available features and support to help you learn if this is the right company for your needs.
GoDaddy’s Benefits and Drawbacks
GoDaddy is among the reliable hosting companies with years of experience, which you can see from the massive amount of its customers.
The main thing that has been pointed out as a drawback is higher hosting prices than other hosting companies. Besides this, GoDaddy has made a significant advancement since it started in 1997 to become one of the most popular hosting companies today.
- There are many hosting options to select from
- Offers 24/7 phone and live chat assistance.
- Great Video walkthroughs
- With all shared hosting plans, you get one year of Microsoft 365 email for free
- Affordable, but there are cheaper solutions
GoDaddy Hosting Plans
There are numerous hosting plans available through GoDaddy. You can choose from WordPress hosting, shared hosting, VPS hosting, or dedicated servers.
There are four WordPress hosting plans that you can choose from. Each of them offers a one-click migration tool, a vast amount of templates, a drag and drop page builder, and automatic security updates.
- Basi plan – With this plan, you get up to 30GB of storage, with a bandwidth of 25,000 visitors/month. Other features worth mentioning are free SSL for the hosting duration, site backup protection, free domain, daily malware scans, and free business email for a year.
- Deluxe plan – With this plan, you get up to 75GB of storage with a bandwidth of 100,000 visitors/month. Additional features with this plan are a one-click testing website and a handy SEO optimization tool.
- Ultimate plan – Unlimited storage and bandwidth. Additional features are unlimited malware scans and removal, plus hack repairs.
- eCommerce plan – Unlimited storage and bandwidth. Additional features are tools for managing an online store, real-time shipping rates, unlimited product listings, access to various WooCommerce extensions.
GoDaddy shared hosting is known to be one of the best in terms of speed and performance. They offer four different plans, based on the requirements of your website.
- Economy Plan – They offer unmetered bandwidth and 100GB disk space, which is what all sites need for starting. In addition, you’ll get a free domain name and Microsoft 365 email for the first year. This plan will cost you $5.99/month.
- Deluxe Plan – Offers an unlimited number of websites and unlimited bandwidth.
- Ultimate Plan – This plan offers everything from the previous two, plus increased processing capability, free SSL certificate for the first year, and free premium DNS
- Maximum Plan – With this plan, you get unlimited SSL certifications, if you have multiple sites
This hosting solution is great for websites with a lot of traffic or those that require their own server. A virtual private server (VPS) is not only faster than a shared hosting plan but also provides you with your very own dedicated memory and processing power so your site can run smoothly at all times.
The virtual private server (VPS) plans start from $4,99 per month. Here you get 1 CPU core, 1 GB RAM, and 20 GB SSD storage. Of course, you can upgrade this plan, and the maximum you can get is 8 CPU cores, 16 GB RAM, and 400 GB SSD storage.
This hosting solution is for those with demanding hosting needs and requiring a high-end hosting solution. Here the main focus is not the price but performance and control.
GoDaddy prices for dedicated servers start at $129,99 per month. For this money, you get a 4C/8T Intel Xeon-D processor, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, and 2 x 4 TB HDD storage.
Again you can upgrade your plan a few times, where the maximum price reaches $399,99 per month. Here you get 16C/32T AMD EPYC processor, 256 GB DDR4 RAM, and 2 x 8 TB HDD storage.
Read further: Best GoDaddy Alternatives for Web Hosting
GoDaddy Website builder
We present to you Websites + Marketing, a powerful tool to help you attract customers, increase sales and maximize your online success.
With the Websites + Marketing program, you get a website builder with dozens of templates to give your business a strong presence on the web, as well as social media tools so that customers can find you on Facebook®, Twitter®, or LinkedIn®. You also get the new GoDaddy Email Marketing program, which provides more than just email accounts; you can also create and send professional-looking HTML and text emails with no technical skills required.
Your website, your marketing: A powerful combination that helps you attract new business and boost revenue. Start today to see what Websites + Marketing can do for your business.
GoDaddy offers four website builder plans for maximum flexibility and control over your website.
- Basic – For $6.99 per month, you get a convenient drag and drop builder, custom domain name, free SSL certificate, website, and marketing analytics.
- Standard – For $10.49 per month, GoDaddy offers all the perks from the previous plan, plus a build-in SEO optimizer
- Premium – For $13.99 per month, you get all the perks from previous plans plus a handy website chatbot, online payments and deposits, email appointments and reminders, and many more
- Commerce – The biggest plan starts at $17.49 per month and the additional perks you get are directed towards the online store and marketplace selling.
How Good is the Customer Support that GoDaddy Provides?
Another significant advantage of choosing GoDaddy hosting is that they provide excellent customer service.
GoDaddy’s most valuable asset is its dedicated team of support engineers, who work 24/7 to provide help and assistance with any problem associated with the hosting account.
You can reach them through various channels: via online chat; through the phone, or with a handy thicket system.
With a rich How-to section and lots of helpful videos, you can learn and improve on different aspects of your hosting account.
The support team can also be trusted to solve all kinds of problems associated with the hosting account and its use.
As you can see, GoDaddy provides some great advantages for new webmasters trying to figure out how to create a website and publish content on their own without hiring an expensive Webmaster.
Even experienced users will benefit from this hosting account’s features.
You can try GoDaddy hosting without any risk. If you are not satisfied with the performance of their services, they will issue a full refund within 30 days after your purchase.
To make it more transparent, the 30 days money back applies only for the annual plans, while you will get only two days for the monthly plans.
In addition, if you request a money-back guarantee, the cost of your domain name won’t be included. You will keep the domain name and may use it with another hosting.
Security and Privacy
GoDaddy hosting has a high standard of security and privacy and can be trusted with your data. It meets the requirements of PCI DSS (the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and offers a 100% guarantee for data protection.
It uses the latest security measures like firewalls, malware scanning, and backup copies to ensure your websites and online information are safe.
GoDaddy is committed to protecting customer privacy by not disclosing any personal data.
If you are having any problems with your hosting account, the customer support service will be more than happy to help you. You can contact them through phone or email or even live chat on their website that is available 24/7 without any restrictions on holidays and weekends.
Choosing the right web host can make all of the difference in ensuring that your site is accessible and secure.
Setting up a website and marketing strategy with the help of GoDaddy Hosting is an excellent way to start your business online.
With lots of hosting plans to choose from, you can find one that meets your needs without breaking the bank. And if for some reason it doesn’t work out as planned, they have a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you won’t be left high and dry!
Websites+Marketing helps businesses attract new customers by leveraging their robust online presence through various marketing services like SEO or social media management.
Even if the customers’ reviews might be controversial, nobody can deny that GoDaddy offers a wide range of features and advantages suitable for new website owners.
It is a perfect choice if you look forward to creating, managing, and maintaining your own blog or online store.