Your website might be superior to all of your competitors, but if you don’t choose the right hosting company, potential customers will never find you, and your sales will suffer.
Unfortunately, finding the best cheap web hosting services isn’t a “one size fits all” situation. You’ll need a web host that meets your site’s specific needs. When comparing hosts, you’ll want to consider performance, security, costs, and many other factors.
Navigating hosting services isn’t always easy, especially if you don’t have a lot of familiarity with building or operating websites. The host you ultimately select must offer the features you want at a price you can afford.
The cheapest website hosting isn’t always simple to determine. Some hosts offer low pricing initially, but they hit you with a considerable rate increase after the introductory period expires. Changing hosts is often time-consuming and costly, so you want to pick a host you’ll feel comfortable with for the long haul.
If you need help finding the best cheap web hosting plans, you’re in the right place. Below you’ll find an easy-to-understand guide on assessing your site’s hosting needs. Plus, we’ve created ten mini-reviews for a variety of web hosting providers, so you can find the perfect fit.
- Superfast servers
- Customization of the security suite
- Excellent customer care available 24/7
- Cheap pricing even after renewal
- Offers 100GB disk space
- Quality customer care
- Green hosting
- Easy setup
- Excellent performance
- Global server network
Quick Note: We earn a small commission for every hosting package purchased through our site. We use this money to help maintain the site and continue bringing you impartial reviews and guides. Purchasing hosting through our links does not increase your costs in any way.
Best Overall Cheap Web Host
Starting costs of $1.39 per month
While you can find many excellent web hosting companies, Hostinger has the winning combination of features, reliability, support, and price. Other hosts with similar prices typically fail to deliver quality anywhere near as high. The value for the cost makes them the best cheap web hosting provider for a wide range of site owners.
Check out our full review here for additional detail about Hostinger.
Features to Consider When Selecting Cheap Web Hosting Service
When comparing web hosting, you’ve probably noticed that there’s no shortage of service providers. At first, navigating the various options likely feels confusing and overwhelming. Fortunately, the market size means hosting providers must compete for your attention — and low costs are how they try to stand out.
However, the absolute cheapest option isn’t always the best option. Instead, you want the best value, the hosting plan that includes the features you need at the price you can afford.
Most people looking for a cheap hosting plan typically build their first site, so they’re not looking for elaborate or fancy features. However, even if you don’t need much, you’ll still want hosting packages that provide the following key features:
- One-click installation for your preferred blogging platform (WordPress hosting is the most popular)
- A free domain name for at least one site
- Additional domains, available for free or a low cost
- Included email account
- Site and server security suite
- Sufficient bandwidth and storage
- Ability to upgrade/downgrade storage space and other services as needed
Is Cheap Hosting the Best Option for Your Website? A Closer Look
Don’t confuse the cheapest web hosting with the lowest quality hosting. You can spend big on hosting plans that don’t meet your needs. Likewise, quality hosting is available, which doesn’t cost a fortune.
Cheap hosting plans cost only a few dollars per month but can have everything necessary. Typically, affordable plans work well for basic websites, blogs, and sites with low to mid-range traffic levels.
Cheap plans are available in a few different types, but the most widely available option is shared hosting. A shared hosting plan is when multiple users all share disk space on the same server. Typically, the more users share the server, the lower the costs.
Cheap shared hosting has the following benefits:
- Low costs, including the ability to get your site online without a huge financial commitment
- All-in-one hosting plans that include everything necessary to run and operate your site
- Domain name plans, customer support team services, and instructions geared towards beginners
- The ability to increase storage space and bandwidth as your site grows
- The option to use the most common types of site builder software
The following sites typically perform well with shared hosting plans:
- Basic sites – Shared hosting packages offer enough resources for most simple sites with low traffic levels and only a few pages.
- Bloggers – WordPress integration typically makes blogging easy. (WordPress is by far the most common software used by bloggers, so you’ll find it works well with almost any service.)
- Small businesses – If you’re a local business targeting potential people in a specific area, shared hosting plans often provide everything necessary to get started.
- Side projects – A shared hosting plan is a low-cost, low-risk way to develop a website related to a hobby, side business website, or any other site you want to get online fast.
Related: Best Free Website Hosting Services Compared (2022)
The Best Cheap Web Hosting Services for 2022
By now, you should feel fairly comfortable with the basics of hosting and how to obtain the cheapest domains. The next step is selecting a specific company.
These days, it seems like everyone and their brother offer cheap web host services. But you don’t have to start at square one. We’ve rounded up 2022’s top 10 best cheapest web hosts:
Of all the cheap hosting companies, Hostinger is the most affordable, with a starting price of $0.99 per month. You’re right to feel wary about performance, support, and overall quality at these rock-bottom rates.
Fortunately, the company delivers far above and beyond most website companies with reliable uptime, fast dedicated server options, and top-tier customer service, including knowledgeable tech support.
The $1.39 per month Single Shared Hosting Plan includes one free domain name, one free email account, unlimited storage, and 100GB of bandwidth.
The low-priced hosting plan is just one service they offer. They also have a robust selection of advanced hosting options, including cloud hosting, Virtual Private Servers, and unlimited bandwidth.
- Cheapest hosting prices on our list. Start for less than a buck per month.
- Uptime you can count on with fast loading speeds
- New users get one free site migration for existing site transfers
- Optimized for easy WordPress integration
- Advanced security products available on higher-tier plans
- The 30-day money-back guarantee lets you try it out before buying it
- Hosting plans increase in price per month following the initial term
- The cheapest of their shared hosting plans only support one domain name
- No access to a Secure Shell Homepage server, a type of secure network protocol
Go to Hostinger.com
Related: A Comprehensive SiteGround Review 2022
SiteGround is a well-known and well-regarded hosting company praised for both technical expertise and customer assistance. You and your visitors will enjoy fast loading times and high uptime. In fact, SiteGround consistently ranks among the fastest cheap hosting companies. They offer some of the best cheap web hosting plans.
With their StartUp shared hosting plan, you also get 10GB of storage, unlimited email addresses, a free SSL certificate, integration with popular website builders, WordPress compliance, extra security features, and more.
Headquartered in Bulgaria, SiteGround is ideal if you want to reach an audience around the world. They have servers located across several continents, so you can adjust server locations to provide the fastest loading times for your visitors.
Their best cheap shared hosting plan does have a minor drawback. It only lets you host a single site, and monthly traffic is limited to around 10,000 visitors. It’s often an excellent choice if you’re starting out, but you might need to upgrade to their GoGeek plan after the first year.
Their lowest-priced plan is currently $3.99 a month.
- You get reliably fast load times with practically non-existent downtime
- Free migration for one site
- Includes a free SSL certificate plus free access to Cloudflare CDN
- One-click installs for WordPress and other popular programs
- After the first year, your introductory rate is replaced by higher costs
- Monthly plans require a one-time $14.95 setup fee
- The cheapest hosting plan limits you to 10,000 visitors each month
- The starter plan does not include a free domain name
Go to SiteGround.com
GreenGeeks are the premier eco-friendly hosting solution. They not only implement environmentally-friendly business practices, but they also host many sites related to conservation and environmental causes. Of course, even if your site doesn’t relate to the environment at all, you’ll still find lots to like here.
While they’re not an industry leader in terms of loading speeds or uptime, they’re still superior to the majority of cheap web hosting plan options out there. Additionally, they excel with customer support, offering responsive help at any time.
Their introductory hosting plan throws out the limits. You also get unlimited bandwidth, unlimited SSD storage, unlimited emails, a free website builder, SSL certification, security features, and a no-cost domain for the first year. It’s a ton of features, and it only costs $2.95 monthly.
On the downside, you must commit to a 36-month hosting plan to get the best deal. However, with the free features, it’s never been easier to go green.
While they’re not the biggest company on our list, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. The bigger guys often have long lines for resolving help tickets, but smaller places have easier service reps to reach.
- The business has a well-established reputation for quality
- Fast loading times will keep your visitors happy
- The introductory plan includes one free site name
- Free migration for one new site
- The monthly rate increases after the first contract term expire
- A one-time setup fee is required when buying a new shared hosting plan
- Uptime is consistently high
Go to GreenGeeks
- Cheap Web Hosting for Australia
- The 7 Best Web Hosting For India Websites
- The 22 Best Web Hosting Australia
- How to Start a Blog – 2021 Guide
- 65 Ways How to Make Money Online
- Best Web Hosting Reviews – 2021
Related: 18 Crucial Things To Consider about A2 hosting in 2022
Do you feel the need for speed? A2 is one of the fastest shared hosting companies with blazing fast hosting speeds and server performance. Compared to similar performance-based hosts, A2 hosting is far and away from the best value.
However, consistency isn’t always their strong suit. Uptime can fluctuate, although it’s still reliable.
The basic shared hosting plan lets you run a single website, but upgrades are available if you need room for more sites.
Despite the single site limit, the intro A2 hosting plan is packed with features. You get everything you’d want, such as unlimited bandwidth, unlimited SSD storage, a free domain name for one year, free SSL certification, integrated site builder, WordPress functionality, and 25 email accounts.
The starter hosting plan is $2.99 each month during the introductory period.
- Fast-loading speeds are among the best performing servers online
- All plans include a robust selection of software and features
- They have multiple servers located in the US, Europe, and Asia
- All plans include a customer-satisfaction guarantee
- The introductory plan only supports one site
- The live messaging team responds slowly, although it’s still helpful
Go to A2 Hosting
Also, check our comparison between A2 Hosting and SiteGround
For over 20 years, Namecheap has remained a popular domain name registrar and hosting plan provider. It’s not the biggest on our list with a customer base of seven million and counting, but it’s undoubtedly impressive nonetheless.
Although their hosting services are relatively new, they offer a variety of plans, including a cheap starter plan that starts at $1.88 a month with the current special.
Their basic shared hosting plan is packed with features including daily backups, enhanced security features, a complimentary domain name, and more. You have all features necessary to get a business or hobby site online quickly.
You get server space for three different websites. It’s a great package if you’re starting out but expect your business to quickly expand, or if you want to run both a business site and a separate side project on the same server.
Their cheap plan does have a 20GB SSD limit, so as your site grows, you might need to upgrade to their Stellar Plus or Stellar Business plans, which offer unlimited storage, unlimited sites, daily backup, and other features.
Setup is intuitive and management options and simple to perform. We were a bit surprised by the site’s user-friendliness, considering the company was originally a registrar, so they don’t necessarily have tons of experience with ongoing tech support.
Read further: Namecheap vs Bluehost Web Hosting Comparison (2022)
- The starter price of $1.88 per month is cheap even for this category
- You get many extras such as daily backups, firewalls, and a free SSL certificate
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- The starter plan is easy to outgrow
- The 24 7 support team doesn’t always provide clear solutions
Go to NameCheap.com
Related: GoDaddy Hosting Review 2022
Even if you’re not familiar with many hosting companies, you’ve probably heard of GoDaddy thanks to their often-controversial Super Bowl ads. They sell a cheap shared hosting plan that’s widely used around the world.
GoDaddy also offers a huge variety of hosting options, including the ability to search domain names, unlimited bandwidth, email addresses, and a completely free website. You can also use WordPress without a problem.
You also get full integration of Microsoft Office 365 Online Essentials with their starter plan, which helps you run your entire business using one easy system. New subscribers to their basic plan get a free year of Microsoft Office 365 Business Email.
Their entire system is designed for maximum user-friendliness with 24 7 customer assistance, one-click installation, and reliable server uptime.
Their cheap shared hosting plan does limit you to a single site. If you want to add additional sites, you’ll need to upgrade your service package.
GoDaddy’s cheap name domains start at $.99 per month, although that’s with a .club extension. A .com site is $11.99 a month.
Related content: Which GoDaddy Plan Works For You in 2022?
- Fast load times and high uptime are found even in their cheapest shared hosting plan
- A wide selection of hosting options allows you to upgrade and customize as needed
- Support, including live chat support, is available around-the-clock
- When signing up for an account, you might feel bombarded with upsells
- Many features require extra costs such as SSL certificates, backup systems, and new-site migration
- Their starter plan doesn’t contain many features that are standard in many competitors
Also, check our Bluehost vs GoDaddy Hosting Comparison
Go to GoDaddy
Originally founded in 1995, iPage has a long history as a cheap shared hosting provider, but most folks haven’t heard of them until recently. They’re owned by Endurance International Group, which also owns Bluehost, HostGator, and other cheap host companies.
At $1.99 per month, their basic plan doesn’t cost much, but it’s packed with features for websites such as a free domain name, free SSL certificate, 24 7 support, and more. If you wanted to, you could host an unlimited number of websites on one account, which is how you can get internet hosting for cheap.
Setup is simple, and their sites are easy to use. One-click installation is available for WordPress and other key features. Additionally, it has hosting security you can rely on.
Related: iPage vs Bluehost Comparison – Here’s the Winner!
- A single account lets you host unlimited domain names
- First-year users get a free domain name
- The beginner-friendly dashboard lets you get your site online quickly
- The shared hosting plan has a major discount for the first year
- Hosting costs increases after the first year
- The website builder offers limit features with a six-page limit
- No free migration
- Customer service access is limited
Go to iPage.com
Although Hostwinds is only ten years old, they’ve made a big name for themselves with a commitment to both performance and customer care. Their support team provides top-notch help via their email address, live chat, and phone support.
They aren’t as fast as some of the other sites on our list, but they do offer reliable performance. Their basic web hosting service is a good option for blogs and small business hosting.
Your starter plan includes a single domain, Weebly website builder interactivity, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited email accounts.
The shared hosting plan costs $6.74 for every month, with additional options for upgrading.
- All plans include a 60-day money-back guarantee
- Highly dependable uptime so your site stays online all day, every day
- A responsive support team is backed by a detailed, on-site knowledge base
- The plan includes a beginner-friendly site builder
- They limit their data centers to two locations in the US, which can slow down international load times
- SSL certificates require a separate purchase
- Customer guarantee is limited by several conditions
Go to Hostwinds
Related: Bluehost In-Depth Review & Speed Test (2022)
With over 2 million users, Bluehost is one of the most popular hosting sites and is often considered one of the best in terms of features and ease of use.
You’ll find a wide range of different sites hosted by this company, with significant popularity among bloggers and small business owners. They host over two million sites and grow by the day. If you use WordPress, you’ll have no issues here.
Speed and support are two of their biggest draws. Their real-world uptime hovers near 100%, which is identical to their uptime guarantee, so you don’t have to worry about your site spending time offline. Additionally, they offer fast loading speeds that today’s audiences demand.
If you ever need help, their support team is available around the clock every day of the year.
Even when you sign up for their cheapest domain plan, you get a fair amount of features for free. You get a free SSL certificate, limitless bandwidth, a free domain name, 50GB of storage space, and more. Cloud storage and other features are also available.
Their cheapest hosting plan is normally $7.99 a month but is currently on sale for $2.95 a month. However, you do have to commit to a 36-month plan for this price – otherwise, the price increases by a dollar or so as you commit to shorter terms.
- Fast load times and unlimited bandwidth appeal help you stand out from your competition
- The lowest-priced shared hosting plan includes one free domain name with a variety of extensions, including .com, .org, .online, .space, and others.
- You get a variety of security features, including a free SSL certificate, unlimited bandwidth, a variety of WordPress integration, and more.
- All aspects of the hosting process, including the control panel and user interface
- If you don’t sign a long service contract at the beginning, the costs can jump each year significantly.
- You’ll have to pay a separate migration free if you want to bring over existing sites hosted by a different company.
Go to Bluehost
HostGator has over 20 years of experience providing site hosting for cheap. Their low-cost shared hosting plan is popular among many users, including many first-time site makers. Their customer base is 10 million websites strong with no sign of slowing down any time soon.
The basic cheap hosting plan — the Hatchling Plan — has everything a new site needs to get up and running fast. Users get a free domain name for one year, an SSL certificate, unmetered bandwidth, and more.
You won’t find many domain names with a cheaper price tag. The intro hosting package is currently only $2.75 a month. However, that hosting price requires a 36-month plan.
Read further and find out who wins our head-to-head comparison between Bluehost and HostGator
- You don’t have to worry about your site going offline because Hostgator has reliable uptime
- The 24/7 support team rocks with fast response times and easy-to-understand answers
- Try before you buy with a 45-day money-back guarantee
- New accounts include free domain migration from other hosts
- Designed to help beginners with one-click installs and other features to help set up the site and WordPress
- Site loading speeds aren’t quite up to par with many competitors
- The per month costs increase when your first-year contract expires
- Some important security upgrades cost extra
- Tools for site backups also incur extra costs
Go to HostGator.com
Final Thoughts: How to Choose the Best Cheap Host for Your Website Needs
When you need web hosting for cheap, where should you turn?
First, never confuse the cheapest web hosting with low-quality hosting. Because the shared hosting market is so crowded, even the best cheap shared hosting plan providers understand they must offer low per month prices to attract visitors.
Practically all websites, from large companies to individuals, choose any of the plans listed above.
Remember, there’s no such thing as the “best” hosting. Instead, the best provider is the one who meets your specific needs regarding performance, security, features, and cost.
The best strategy for beginners is choosing a cheap hosting plan offered by a provider listed above to host one website. As your site grows, you can easily upgrade by changing your hosting plan to add extra features as needed.
Always keep your eye out for deals. The premium price is rarely the one you have to pay as long as you’re willing to wait a few weeks for a new deal to appear.
Remember, you might get a better value paying for budget hosts that offer an all-in-one service that includes email hosting, data transfers, domain registration, database storage, ecommerce tools, a website builder tool, and other features that add up when purchased separately.
Before committing to a cheap plan from one of the above companies, ask yourself the following:
- What type of site do I need? A cheap shared hosting plan is best for blogs, small businesses, or small eCommerce sites.
- Does your site use specific software? If so, it should easily integrate with the plan you choose. A common example here is the use of Windows apps, which don’t always work well on Linux servers.
- How much site traffic do you anticipate? Do you need unlimited bandwidth now, or do you anticipate needing it in the future?
- Does your online presence consist of a single site, or do you use multiple domain names?
- How many email accounts do you need? If you’re running a store, you might not need many business email addresses. However, if you have multiple employees, you’ll likely want email accounts for all of them.
- Do you already have a website? If you don’t, look for hosting plans that include a free domain name.
- How much can you afford to spend per month on hosting? After the first year, can your budget handle any per month price increase?
- Do you want to use a specific website builder to create your site? Do you want to use WordPress or one of the other popular content management systems?
- What type of customer support team do you want? Most sites offer 24/7 access to talk, email, and instant messaging. The people in the support team make a huge difference in the quality of the help, so try a test call beforehand.
- Most web development uses PHP, a popular scripting language. Will PHP work for you, or do you prefer a specific website builder?
- What advanced hosting features might you need in the future? Standard options for growing sites included Virtual Private Systems (VPS hosting), cloud hosting, and additional security.
Develop clear answers to these questions. Compare your needs to the features of each shared hosting plan above to find the perfect fit! The more you know, the better you can plan.
A hosting provider is a valuable partner in finding success online. The right shared host plan helps your site grow and connect with a large audience. Even better, you can get started today without breaking your budget!
Everything you need to know about the best Node.js server hosting
Which Host Offers The Best Web Hosting For Students