Do you want to download your favorite videos or tunes from YouTube and enjoy watching or listening to them whenever you feel like it, even without logging in to YouTube or even when you are offline?
YouTube is the leading platform for video content in the world, with more than 80% of the people aged 15 to 25 years of age using it regularly.
The good news is that there are some great free tools to convert videos from YouTube to MP3 format.
The bad news is that the video streaming and sharing platform has a strict policy against the unlawful downloading and usage of the videos available on YouTube unless it is for personal use only, so you may want to check out the Terms of Service first.
You should also be careful of some malicious bugs which can infect your computer if you use the wrong YouTube to MP3 tools.
Here is a list of the most reliable, easy to use, and safe YouTube to MP3 tools you can use in 2021 to download any video and convert it into a compressed audio file.
The best YouTube to MP3 converters for 2021
4K Video Downloader is a free tool for downloading content from YouTube, converting YouTube content to MP3, saving photos and videos from Instagram, extracting audio files from videos, creating slideshows, and more.
The tool is free to try and very straightforward to use. With 4k Video Downloader, you can download the video of your choice in the original quality even after you have converted it.
- It is available in a free Starter version which you can use to download up to 30 videos and audios per day
- You can download and convert your favorite videos from your private YouTube lists
- It is available for Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu computers
- There is a built-in music player in the software, so you can enjoy listening to the audio files directly after downloading and converting them
- You can use it for downloading and converting videos from multiple platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and more
- You can use it to download multiple files simultaneously so you can save time by selecting and downloading whole batches of your favorite videos and channels
- The downloaded videos can be in the highest resolutions, including 4K and 8K, and in 1080p and 720p
- There is an option to save entire YouTube channels and playlists
- The website has numerous useful video tutorials to help guide you through the download and conversion process
- You can use the software to extract and save subtitles in more than 50 languages
- There is a built-in proxy which will help bypass existing geographical restriction if you live in an area where there are such restrictions for certain videos and content
- The tool can be used to create MP3 and most other popular audio formats, such as MP4, M4A, MKV, and more
- The paid option offers unlimited downloading and conversions and starts from $15
- The tool can be used for downloading VR videos as well
You can try out the top-rated YouTube to MP3 conversion tool for free here.
Related – How to Download YouTube Videos
This intuitive converter tool is among the best YouTube to MP3 tools because of its ease of use and its multiple built-in functionalities.
Not only can you use it to download and convert the videos of your choice, but you can also use Wondershare UniConverter to edit the video, compress it, and burn it to a DVD, and more.
The popular software will allow you to convert the video and audio files from more than 1,000 different formats and for use on other devices.
It is quick, user-friendly, and will allow you to create your own professional-looking videos, even if you are not particularly tech-savvy.
- The tool is advertised as offering 30x the conversion speed as compared to other tools
- It can convert videos and audio files in more than 1,000 different formats
- You can use it to download and compress multiple video files and entire playlists at once
- The tool will allow you to download and save files in all resolutions, including 8K
- There is an option to preview the videos and files before the compression
- It can be used for downloading and compressing videos from more than 10,000 websites and platforms
- The software includes a useful and comprehensive DVD and Blu-ray toolkit for making DVD files and burning DVDs, CDs, and Blu-ray disks, as well as for downloading and converting DVD files into other formats
- The tool includes a subtitle editor and an easy to use image converter
- The website has multiple video tutorials and guidelines for using the tool
- It is available as a trial version for free
- The prices for the paid plans start from $39.95 per year, and there is a 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee
- There is a perpetual lifetime plan for 1 PC
- The tool is available for Windows and macOS, and the downloaded videos can easily be streamed to other devices such as Chromecast, Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, Apple TV, and others.
You can try out the Wondershare UniConverter YouTube to MP3 converter tool for free here.
The aTube Catcher video downloader and converter tool is among the most popular of all tools on our list. In fact, it has been downloaded by over 120 million users worldwide.
The tool is versatile and easy to use, even by newbies.
It is compatible with Windows computers and can be used for downloading and saving videos, creating videos of your screen, convert video and audio files into a wide variety of formats, and more.
Best of all, the tool is completely free.
- Suitable for use for downloading videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and thousands of other websites and platforms
- You can use it to capture video of your computer screen and your video calls – excellent for creating video presentations and for vloggers
- It has a built-in DVD and CD burner
- It is 100% free for personal use and works with all Windows computers
- The downloaded files can be converted to MP3, FLAC, MP4, GIF, WAV, and many more formats
- The software has a user-friendly drag-and-drop video editor
- It is compatible with multiple languages
- It offers fast conversion of the video files to audio files
You can download and try aTube Catcher for free here.
Freemake video converter will let anyone with a Windows computer download, edit, and extract the audio from videos on YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Vevo, and many more video platforms.
The software is free to use and can convert video files into 500+ different file formats.
It also has a built-in DVD burner and ripping tool, and you can use it to create slideshows, make and edit your own videos and copy DVDs.
- It is a free video converter and editor
- It can convert files into over 500 different formats
- The software has a built-in editor, and Blu-ray and DVD rip and burner tools
- You can use it to embed videos on all kinds of websites easily
- It has a quick feature for uploading videos to YouTube
- There is an option for adding subtitles in all popular formats and with all characters
- It can convert Full HD and 4K videos
- The software can transcode the heaviest files quickly
- There is an option of converting up to 500 videos in batches and control or limit the conversion speed depending on your computer setup and usage
- It has been in use for more than ten years and is constantly being upgraded
You can download this popular and easy-to-use, free YouTube to MP3 converter tool here.
YTMP3 is an excellent tool for downloading and converting videos from YouTube to MP3 files without downloading and installing a separate app or program.
This online converter is user-friendly, and all you need to do is to paste the link to the video you want to convert and then click the convert button.
You can choose between converting and then downloading the file in MP3 or MP4 format.
The online converter works for YouTube and other video URLs and websites. It is free to use by anyone.
- The converter is available online, and you don’t need to install and use a separate program or app to convert your chosen videos into compressed MP3 or MP4 files
- It works with all videos which are up to 90 minutes long
- The conversion is quick, and then you can download the ready file for free
- There are no complicated settings and features to toggle with
- You can save and edit the name of the file you download
- There are no ads or pop-up ads
- The interface is clean, toolbar-free, and very user-friendly
- The tool is completely free to use, but you can only download one video per time, so there are no batch conversions like other tools have
- It is suitable if you want access to this type of service occasionally without the need to install a separate program or complicated software with multiple features
You can check out the online YouTube to MP3 converter here.
Y2mate is another favorite online YouTube to MP3 converter tool for users who want easy access to and use, and yet is a versatile tool for downloading your favorite videos from the video-sharing platform and for converting them into the format of your choice.
Y2mate does not require that you download or install anything on your computer or another device. It works with any browser and is free and simple to use.
- It is an online tool that does not require the installation of separate software on your device
- It works with any internet browser
- The tool works by simply pasting the URL of the video you want to download and convert
- You can choose the file format from MP3, MP4, M4V, WMV, FLV, WEBM, 3GP, and more
- It works with links from YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, and many other websites and platforms
- There is no requirement for registering for the service
- It is quick and simple to select the video, format, and then convert and download it
- You can use it for downloading an unlimited number of videos and files
- There are no annoying pop-up ads and other advertisements on the site
- It supports multiple languages
- It is 100% free to use
You can try out the free Y2mate tool here.
Any Video Converter Freeware (AVC) is another top-rated, free-to-use converter for YouTube to MP3.
It is available for Windows and macOS and includes multiple useful features and options, including a video downloader, a video converter, a video editor, and a DVD burner.
The excellent video downloading and conversion toolkit utilizes AI technology which will allow you to edit your old video files and turn them into high-quality and stunning-looking new ones.
- The tool is safe and guaranteed free of any ads, spyware, and malware
- You can use it for downloading and converting videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, Facebook, Vimeo, and more
- The toolkit includes an intuitive DVD burner to make your own DVDs with the files you have downloaded or with your videos on your computer
- It is available for Windows and macOS users
- There is an intelligent video editor for creating your own enhanced videos
- It offers download and conversion from more than 100 input file types to more than 160 file formats and types without losing any of the quality during the conversion
- You can use it to extract and rip files and videos from CDs and DVDs
- You can create files that you can enjoy on a wide variety of devices, including Android, iOS, Kindle Fire HD, TV consoles, Sony PS5, Xbox, and many more
- Thanks to the highest video coding, you can compress videos and other files into half the size but with the same quality of the audio and video
- The tool is available as a free option for downloading videos from YouTube and more than 100 websites, as well as for converting the files
- The premium plan costs $49.95 and offers optional features such as DVD folder conversion, video recording, capture and recording of a video of your screen, free templates for DVDs, and more
You can test the functionality and multiple features of AVC for free here.
DVDVideoSoft is another popular conversion platform that you can use to download YouTube videos and convert them to the compressed MP3 format.
The tool is easy to download, install and use, and has an intuitive interface without any complicated features.
You just need to paste the URL of the video you want to convert into the editor, click convert, and you are done.
- The tool has an intuitive interface, suitable for beginners, and which does not require any technical skills
- It is free to download and use on a Windows or macOS computer and Android devices
- The converter is fast and will organize your downloaded MP3 files into easy to find directories
- It is fast and efficient
- This is a tool that is specifically designed for use with YouTube, so it doesn’t offer the versatility of some of the other video to MP3 converter programs on this list
- It is free to use
- The company also offers a free YouTube download tool, and an online converter, a playlist downloader, and a subtitle downloader for YouTube
- It is available in over ten different languages
You can download and check out the completely free DVDVideoSoft YouTube to MP3 converter here.
Rated as one of the top 10 downloads of 2019, the YTD Video Downloader tool is a simple and safe program for downloading your favorite videos from YouTube and other sources and converting them into MP3 or other compressed files.
It is free of malware and ads and is simple to understand and use even by non-tech-savvy users.
- It has an uncluttered and simple interface
- You can use the program to quickly convert videos into MP3, MP4, AVI, 3GP, MOV, FLV, and other file formats
- It works with YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, TikTok, and multiple other websites and platforms
- It allows for saving the highest quality videos
- There is a built-in player
- The downloads can be paused and resumed
- There are no ads and pop-ups
- The paid plan has added functionalities that you may find useful
- There is an option for downloading and converting large batches of videos and whole playlists with the paid plan of this helpful tool
- The paid plans start from $2.95 per month
You can download and start using the YTD Video Downloader here.
This is yet another 100% free tool for downloading and converting videos from YouTube to MP3 and other formats.
It offers high-speed conversion of videos from YouTube and other websites like Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and more.
It can be integrated with other apps for a seamless video downloading and conversion user experience.
- The tool is completely free to download and use
- It is compatible with YouTube, Facebook, and many more video sharing and streaming platforms and websites
- The videos can be converted into the resolution of your choice and up to 8K UHD with 60 FPS
- It is simple to use and is being updated regularly by the developer
- There are no ads or pop-ups
- The interface is clean and user-oriented
- It can convert the videos into other formats, including MP3, MP4, WEBM, and M4A
- You can use it to download MP3 and video files simultaneously by queuing the links in the tool
- It is available for Windows users
Download this 100% free YouTube to MP3 converter tool here.
ClipGrab is free and user-friendly and has some added features which other more complex YouTube to MP3 converter tools lack.
The converter tool has a nifty Search option, which you can use to search for the video of your choice directly. And as its name suggests, this tool has a clipboard grab option where it will automatically “grab” and download the videos of your choice on the clipboard.
The tool works with YouTube and many other video streaming and sharing platforms such as Dailymotion, Vimeo, and more.
- It is quick to install and use
- There is a built-in Search function to find the video you are looking for directly through the converter tool
- You can download and convert videos into a wide range of formats, including WMV, OGG, MPEG4, and into audio-only files
- The software can add ID3 tags to the converted files
- There is a clipboard monitoring tool built-in the tool which makes choosing and downloading a whole batch of videos easier than ever
- It is free, and there is no premium paid option offered by ClipGrab
If you are a Windows user, you can download and try out this nifty and completely free YouTube to MP3 converter tool here.
Converto is an online converter that you can use when you need to download a video from YouTube without having to install a standalone app.
You can open the tool with your preferred browser, paste the URL of the video and then click a button to convert it into an MP3 or MP4 file in seconds.
- No downloading and installing of software is required for using Converto
- You can use it via any preferred internet browser
- It is quick and straightforward to use
- The converter will add the album cover to the downloaded file
- It can be used for creating MP3 or MP4 compressed files
- There is an option to select only part of the video to download before converting it
- You can edit or add the filename and ID3 tags of the files
- The page and tool is available in 10+ different languages
- It is safe and ad-free
- It is fast and completely free
You can test this free online tool for converting YouTube videos to MP3 files here.
An overview of YouTube to MP3 converters
A YouTube converter is a tool that will allow you to download any video of your choice so that you can enjoy watching or listening to it without visiting YouTube and even without accessing the Internet.
The online tools or programs on our list will help you convert the videos into a compressed MP3 format that takes up little space on your computer, media player, phone, or other compatible devices.
Some of the tools can be used via an Internet browser and will convert the videos from YouTube to MP3 files directly online, without the need of downloading and installing separate programs or apps.
Others need to be installed as standalone programs and are more suitable for users who download and convert videos on a regular basis or who want to download large batches of videos simultaneously.
Most tools offer different options for the file formats, which can be converted, so you can choose not only the MP3 file format but others such as MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, OGG, and many more.
As you can see from our list, there is a wide variety of excellent YouTube to MP3 converters available to choose from.
Some are absolutely free, and others have premium paid plans and offer even more features and options.
Some of the converters have built-in media players, DVD rip and burn functionalities, video recorders and editors, and more.
So, there is a YouTube to MP3 conversion tool and online service for any need and preference.
How does YouTube to MP3 converters work?
While there are some other tools and methods to download and convert YouTube videos into MP3 files, choosing a dedicated program or online service for this type of conversion is easier and faster.
For example, one of the highest recommended YouTube to MP3 converter tools, DVDVideoSoft, will automatically convert the chosen YouTube video into an MP3 file with just one quick step required.
Here is how most of the YouTube to MP3 converter tools and websites work, and how to use them:
- Always make sure that you are not infringing the terms of service and performing a copyright infringement before you proceed to download a video from YouTube.
- Find the video you want to download and convert using the YouTube search function.
- Copy the URL address of the video of your choice.
- Open the converter tool or website and paste the URL in the dedicated text box.
- Choose the format you want it to be converted to and the resolution and other available options for the conversion (when available).
- Click on the Convert or Start button and wait for the file to be converted. This usually takes only a few seconds or minutes, deepening on the size of the video you are converting.
- Some tools allow for downloading entire YouTube playlists and large batches of videos simultaneously.
- If you are using an online conversion tool, you will then be presented with an option to download the ready file. If you are using a program installed on your computer or another device, the converted files will be stored in the directory of your choice.
How to choose the best YouTube to MP3 converter?
If you are new to this, you may be overwhelmed by the large variety of YouTube to MP3 converters online.
In order to pick the most suitable converter for your needs, you will need to take into consideration the following features and select the tool which is the most suitable for your specific needs and preferences.
Here are the key features to keep in mind when choosing the greatest YouTube to MP3 converter:
- The quality of the converted file
If you want to be able to watch or listen to the converted file in a high resolution and audio quality, then you should look for a converter that offers an option of selecting the resolution and compression quality you prefer.
Some tools, such as DVDVideoSoft, allow users to select the quality of the converted file and will allow you to download and convert the videos in the highest possible resolution.
If you want top-quality DVD ripping, then look for software that will allow you to rip videos at 320kbps.
In some cases, you may need to compress the videos into smaller files in order to save space, which is another factor to keep in mind when picking the most suitable converter for your needs.
- Subtitle downloads
If you want to download and convert a video along with the subtitles of your choice, then choose a YouTube to MP3 converter like Wondershare UniConverter, which has the option of supporting, downloading, and converting subtitles in multiple languages.
- Batch downloading
If you are planning on downloading a lot of videos, or entire playlists and channels, then it makes sense to opt for a YouTube to MP3 converter, which allows you to select multiple videos and playlists and download them simultaneously in batches. One such tool is the aTube Catcher.
Some of the online converters will require that you download the videos one by one, which can be a time-consuming and frustrating task for some users.
- Different file format conversion options
If you are interested in downloading and converting files from YouTube into other preferred formats, such as MP4, AAC, FLAC, or others, then look for a converter that offers such options.
Some of the converter tools on this list offer a choice of over 150 different file formats – for the input and output files being converted.
- A built-in video editor
Converter tools sometimes have built-in video editors. This is great news if you want to edit the downloaded videos or create your own videos with one simple tool.
AVC is one of the top preferred YouTube to MP3 conversion tools, which has an easy-to-use and highly functional editor integrated into it.
- Conversion speed.
It is advisable to choose a YouTube to MP3 converter which is capable of converting videos into compressed files at high speed. This will save you time and hassle, especially if you will be downloading and converting long high-resolution videos or large batches of files.
AVC is an excellent example of a fast YouTube to MP3 converter tool.
There are multiple online converters and standalone tools and programs that you can use for downloading YouTube videos and converting them into MP3 files.
Some are simple and do not require the installation of a standalone program or app and only need to be opened via an Internet browser.
Other tools are more suitable for commercial use and for users who work with large numbers of files and videos. These are usually the standalone converters – some of which are free, and others that come with paid plans for advanced features.
Whether you choose to use a simple online YouTube to MP3 converter, or a more advanced conversion program, you should be careful about not infringing the copyright policies and the Terms of Service of YouTube.
As a whole, all of these excellent YouTube to MP3 converters are easy to use and will make the downloading of any video of your choice to your computer or another device a breeze.