Midphase is a web host company that has been around since 2003. After so many years, it is still performing well by providing outstanding service to all its clients. If you are looking for a good company that will suit your ideas and purposes – this one probably will, but keep reading our Midphase review to find more about it.
This is an American web hosting company that offers a wide range of useful services, one of which is shared hosting. It is located in the USA, and to be more precise -Salt Lake City, Utah. The company’s leadership has been around since 1998, which is very promising if you aim to have long-term relationships with it.
The customer base of Midphase has grown by over 120,000. As the number of employees is more than 200 by the time you are reading this Midphase review. We are not surprised to find out that the company has offices in Europe – England (London) and Ukraine (Lviv).
Part of the UK2 Group
Nowadays, Midphase plays a huge role under the umbrella of the global provider of Internet services based in the United Kingdom – UK2group. They are providing web services to more than one million domains worldwide – in more than 140 countries. That gives Midphase a really convincing and trustworthy backing in the industry.
It is good to note that it shares its headquarters with many other similar hosts, such as WestHost, for example. Midphase is well-known because it gives you straightforward and cheap solutions to web hosting.
You will also appreciate the dedicated server hosting it offers as well. Unfortunately, VPS hosting is not directly available; the Midphase website redirects its customers to another sister brand – VPS.net. There is an option if you agree to use an alternative supplier.
Midphase Hosting Plans
Midphase offers many options to choose from when it comes to hosting plans. There are many premium plans that you can check on its website under the Midphase Pro category.
Shared Hosting Plans
There are only two simple plans that Midphase offers for Linux-based shared hosting packages. Here they are:
You can sign up for a month, a year – two, three, or more. The price gets lower as the term gets longer. No matter what plan you choose, each of them comes with unlimited bandwidth and disk space.
- There is a personal plan that allows ten subdomains and 1 MySQL database for a website.
- The second one is a business plan that removes the limit on websites, My SQL databases, and sub-domains. It comes with a dedicated IP address and an SSL certificate, and unlimited bandwidth.
There are three plans available for windows-based shared hosting, which you can choose from. Each plan comes with unlimited disk space and bandwidth. You can choose the contract term, which is from a month up to three years long.
- The first one is a starter plan that allows dub-domain and MySQL databases.
- The second one is an unlimited plan, which means there are no limits on sites, sub-domains, and MySQL databases.
- The third one is a business plan that comes with a dedicated IP address and SSL certificate.
There is a five-point sliding scale on Midphase that offers Linux-based reseller hosting. You can choose from a basic plan, but you can upgrade up to Plus, Pro, Max, and Alpha reseller plans.
The most significant part is that you can choose the term for your contract. It starts from one month up to 3 years( 3 years is the most extended term).
These web hosting plans come with a dedicated IP address, a brandable control panel, billing software, and 10 SSL certificates. All plans start with fifty GB of disk space, which can be scaled up to 250 GB. On the other hand, each plan offers 500GB bandwidth that can also be scaled up to 2.5 TB.
Midphase Pro: VPS Cloud and SSD VPS
When it comes to Midphase Pro, there are many options you can choose from. Let’s see what Midphase offers under the Pro umbrella.
There are two different types of VPS hosting – the first one is VPS Cloud, and the second one is VPS SSD, which is considered more of a traditional option.
When it comes to VPS Cloud, there are four VPS plans you can choose from. We should note that the final last is entirely customizable. Based on its customers’ needs and purposes, Midphase offers dedicated server hosting. Each plan comes with 10TB bandwidth and a free setup.
- Servers with the Atom D510 1.66 GHz processor come with a 500 GB hard drive and 2 GB RAM.
- Servers with the Xeon E3-1220 3.1 GHz processor come with a 500GB hard drive and 8 GB RAM.
- Servers with the Xeon E5-2620 2.0 GHz processor come with two 500 GB hard drives and 12 GB RAM.
- Servers with two Xeon E5-2620 2.0 GHz processors come with two 500 GB hard drives and 24 GB RAM.
System administration is mandatory when it comes to dedicated servers and VPS hosting. The technical team of the company will manage everything that you do not want to manage yourself. You can easily select Midphase’s managed server services, and their technical team will keep your servers working for you.
The Midphase E-commerce Builder
For those looking to get started with an online store, we have great news -Midphase offers an e-commerce builder. Using this website builder, you can get a new store up and running in no more than half an hour. Each of these three plans has everything you will need to create the website of your dreams. They also include:
- Store templates
- Page editing tools for your product pages
- SEO tools
- Marketing tools
- Shopping cart
- Checkout functionality
- Payment processing
- Delivery options
- Ability to set tax rates
- Bulk import of products via CSV
- and more
If you are a beginner who is new to the world of online selling, we highly recommend you go with the entry-level package since it is ideal for small businesses. Also, if you already have an established business, we recommend the premium options since they offer additional functionality.
There is a website builder by Midphase for those of you who do not need e-commerce functionality. We have found it is perfectly suitable for customers who want to create blogs, creative portfolios, and service-based businesses.
The Midphase company always reaches out to make its hosting services better and available for everyone at all times. Still, the latter is not entirely promised since there is a possibility for its customers to witness some interruptions. Fortunately, in such cases, everything is backed up by an uptime guarantee.
What is this? This guarantee will compensate all Midphase customers if the server uptime drops below 99% in any given month. Even better, it will cover downtime in case it occurs outside of scheduled server maintenance. You can not check the uptime statistics since they are not available, but on the Midphase website, you quickly check the server status page. It is easily accessible even for non-customers.
The primary data center of Midphase is located in a disaster-safe area – Lindon, Utah, although the dedicated servers can be held in different locations no matter where – in the US or the UK.
A primary data center is actually a Tier3 data center, and to keep and ensure the servers keep up and running at all times, it uses redundant power sources, on-site monitoring, and security staff to guarantee the process is smooth and efficient.
Midphase Customer Support
In case you have any problems with the hosting services of Midphase, you should know that there is a wide range of customer support options you can choose from.
Online Help Resources
For self-help purposes, you will be able to find a knowledge base. For news and updates, you can check on the server status page.
Direct Customer Support
There are US-based customer support teams twenty-four hours a day. You can contact each customer support team through a live chat facility or telephone line to get good customer service. All customers around the globe can contact through the telephone line – outside the USA, the international numbers are fully available.
You can get support even via email or ticket for better customer service. Each plan offers a customer support response time guarantee, although we could not find any information confirming this.
You will not be disappointed to find out that it also maintains some of the most used social network accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. It even interacts very frequently with its user through social media in case any support requests arise.
Comprehensive SLA for Dedicated Server Customers
Customers using dedicated server hosting will be able to get a detailed SLA that covers bandwidth guarantees, connectivity guarantees, and hardware replacement guarantees.
What Control Panel Does Midphase Offer?
There is a provided control panel (cPanel) for all of Midphase’s Linux-based hosting plans. This is a well-known control panel that most web hosting customers will find very familiar to interact with. There is a useful demo version on Midphase’s website for those who have never used such a control panel. You can spend some of your time checking it out.
No matter the plan you choose, each of them comes with a free domain name. Hosting supports – WordPress, PHPNuke, osCommerce, ZenCart, Ruby-on-Rails, Python, Perl, and more. You also get provided with Softaculous, which is a one-click installer.
You can also benefit from many add-ons and additional services offered by the company – knowing that you can quickly build a bundle that meets all of your needs and purposes. Since Midphase owns so many data centers, you will be able to choose where to host your website, depending on your already chosen hosting package.
Does Midphase Have a Money-Back Guarantee or Cancellation Policy?
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee to all of the company’s shared hosting plans. This refund does not include domain name registration fees or any additional services that you may have been purchased. Though, the 30-day money-back guarantee is relatively standard when it comes to shared hosting plans.
How to Get a Refund from Midphase
If you want to cancel your account, you will have to give at least fourteen days’ notice before the end of your term before the account is renewed. Other than that, you will just need to complete an online form. If you have been exceptionally rude or vulgar to the support staff, Midphase will have the right to cancel your account within seventy-two hours.
Midphase: A Stable Company
There are not any good or bad news and stories that we can tell about this company since it is not very big and famous and has never caught massive attention in the media.
As we have said earlier, Uk2Group is Midphase’s umbrella organization, but we do not have much information about them either. Therefore, we will assume that the services both companies provide to their clients are relatively trustworthy and dependable.
Some of you may find Midphase a bit more expensive for your needs. If so, we highly recommend you check HostGator.
You can benefit from its full-featured, budget-friendly web hosting packages. You will also get a full backup from the company for its offerings with an excellent performance by its customer support. You can check their user reviews for more detailed information. We recommend you to check it only if Midphase does not suit all your needs.
On the other hand, when it comes to managed VPS plans and dedicated servers, we recommend you to check out Rackspace. It provides numerous premium web hosting choices that are perfectly suitable for resource-intensive websites. You will not regret it.
When it comes to web hosts or web hosting companies, Midphase performs really well compared with other hosting providers in the industry. All Midphase hosting plans are structured well, and there are no free plans to allow customers to explore and check it out. If you are still wondering whether the service is enough for your needs, there is an option you can benefit from – you can purchase shared hosting monthly.
From our Midphase reviews, we conclude that this company appears to be well-organized and well-run. If you are looking for video tutorials or user guides, we should note that there are not any available, although the use of social media sites to keep in touch with customers is excellent.
Midphase is a trustworthy, reliable web host that offers a wide range of web hosting servers, customer services, shared plans, and website-related services that will definitely meet the needs of most of the customers in the marketplace. This is one of the best hosting providers under the umbrella of the UK2 group that allows a choice of data center locations for more flexibility, especially for large companies. Let’s look at some of the most frequently asked questions about Midphase.
- What hosting products are available with Midphase? There are many Midphase hosting products, such as shared hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated hosting. All their web hosting services come in a range with tiers and include hosting companies like WordPress hosting. They offer shared plans, reseller plans, and VPS plans.
- Does Midphase have Windows hosting? Yes, they have. They have dedicated IP addresses and servers with an option of running Windows Server 2012 for an additional cost per month.
- What are applications available with Midphase? They offer installs that you can use with just a click for well-known applications such as Drupal, Magento, WordPress through Softaculous.
- Is there a money-back guarantee with Midphase? Yes, for all their shared plans, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Does Midphase have an uptime guarantee? Unfortunately, no. They claim to keep their servers working almost 100% of the time, but this is not mentioned in their service-level agreement or terms of service.
- How can I pay for my Midphase hosting account? You pay annually for their shared hosting service. Dedicated VPS and cloud hosting clients have the option to pay annually or monthly via PayPal or credit card.
- Are there any discounts available? Yes, there are. You can often see the promotions and the standard discounts they offer to sign up for a more extended contract and pay more upfront.
- Will I see a significant price hike when it comes to renewing with Midphase? There is a possibility. Make sure to read your bill carefully before purchasing anything since they often use introductory pricing discounts.
- What sort of support does Midphase have? They offer a few tech support options, live chat, and phone support options, as well as a knowledgebase and a ticketing system.
- Where are Midphases datacenters? They have shared data centers in Salt Lake City, Utah as well as the brand is headquartered in the same place, although it is part of the large UK2Group.
- What are the programming languages compatible with Midphase? Midphase is a web hosting provider that supports PHP, Ruby on Rails, Python, and Perl-CGI.
- What security features does Midphase provide? The higher-level shared plans include a dedicated SSL certificate. There are lower-level options to purchase that are available too. Some of these lower-tiered options include anti-spam and antivirus protection. You can take a look at them before making your purchase. You get the option to buy SiteLock security systems through the Midphase’s website no matter what product you select from there.
- What are the backup features available with Midphase? All the shared websites are backed-up every five days. Unfortunately, there are no other products that offer backups, but we will get to see R1Soft for both VPS and dedicated hosting plans in a short period.
- What control panel access does Midphase provide? Each shared plan includes CHI, a cPanel (control panel). For an additional monthly cost, you will be able to add CPanel on any other plan.
- What does this mean? Does Midphase offer unlimited disk space and bandwidth? Yes, it does. Each of their shared plans is pretty much unlimited. What does that mean? Well, this means that you are only restricted to index node counts of 200,000 and ten GB of databases. If you want to go to the next level, you will definitely have to upgrade your plan.
- Does Midphase offer any CDN services, either themselves or through a third party? Yes, it does. You will have access to the Cloudflare CDN service for each shared plan, and it is entirely free. Also, for an additional cost per month, you will be able to upgrade to Cloudflare Plus.
- Is there website building software or help available? Yes, there is. For an additional cost per month, you will get website building services and ecommerce website building services.
- Does Midphase support my marketing in other ways? Yes, it does. Depending on the tier, there are SEO services that you may appreciate, and each shared plan may include web analytics applications.
- Does Midphase offer an affiliate program? Yes, it does. They actually offer an affiliates program, but we could not find any information available on their website. For more information we recommend you to communicate with their customer services.
- Can I register my domain with Midphase? Yes, you can. They offer domain registration services for a wide range of TLDs.
Our MidPhase hosting review comes to an end, and we really hope we have been helpful. Before purchasing and signing up, there are questions that you will need to consider – speed, security features, and money-back guarantee. You can have them all with a quick and cheap option with good uptime and support.
We highly recommend Midphase since it is a trustworthy hosting provider and web developer that performs really well when it comes to web hosts. For even more detailed information and different opinions, you can read our customer reviews. As we have said previously
Midphase is a company that is part of the UK2Group. It is pretty evident that they target the UK market more than any other, but being part of a larger group, they successfully expanded globally as well. This is why we highly recommend Midphase with all their web host service that is very stable and come at an affordable cost for which you can pay per month.
This is a reliable company, and you will not have to deal with any significant changes. The company’s leadership team has been around since 1998 by offering only reliable operations. They have been around for a long time, which means they are not new to the game. We wish you good luck with exploring for more.
Also, check our review of the finest Minecraft server hostings